The Financial Accountant will support the Senior Financial accountant in preparation of statutory accounts on a timely basis, responding to auditor queries, support for the VAT returns for the UK Companies and completion of actions relating to internal controls.
Our client is based in north Bristol and due to business growth, they are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join them on a permanent basis. £36,000 + study support.
The Financial Accountant will support with standard financial accounting processes, particularly focussed on:
- Group reporting
- Upload of data from source systems (SAP and SUN) into Comet
- Upload of data using Comet Interface
- Preparation of consolidation eliminations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- BS review
- Preparation and collation of forecast data
- UK reporting
- To complete full reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for area of responsibility
- Corporate balance sheet
- Co-ordination of balance sheet reconciliations, and management of defined sections of the balance sheet log
- Statutory accounts
- Drafting of financial statements for review in line with internal timescales
- Providing responses to auditor queries.
- Internal Controls
- Work with members of the SSC to close Internal Control actions
- Providing responses to head office in relation to these actions.
- Continuous Improvement
- Actively seek, propose and implement process improvements in area of responsibility and department
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a technical accounting role and will be studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (ideally ACCA).
A salary of £36,000 + full study support is available.