Assistant Finance Manager
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
The purpose of this job is to provide financial management decision support and control across the commercial portfolios of Dubai Festival City & AFRE. This includes day to day accounting activities, month end accounting, and fully engaging with the business to prepare plans, budgets, forecasts and monthly variance analysis across the selected assets. Actively support the business in decision making and providing feedback.
The Assistant Finance Manager shall ensure that the Accounting Policies of Al Futtaim are upheld and that all reporting is in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
What you will do
- Manage the commercial finance team to deliver on time monthly accounting close for revenue and expense, financial reporting, cash flow forecasting and balance sheet integrity. Ensure that the Balance Sheets are substantiated on a monthly basis with proper schedules/ sign-offs.
- Contribute to the development of business management relationships through monthly reviews and recommendation of improvement initiatives.
- Preparation of budgets/ forecasts in conjunction with the commercial business department to ensure reliability of the key assumptions. Control and monitoring of operating budget, investigating variances where necessary.
- Responsible for re-forecasting the budget during quarterly financial reviews recommending upward or downward adjustments in light of market conditions and business requirements.
- Contribute to finance improvement projects, particularly in relation to reporting automation and process improvements
- Develop reports and financial analysis as required for external and internal purposes
- Co-ordinate with the Mixed Use Finance team, responsible for analysing all financial aspects of the Commercial portfolio of operating assets
- People Management and Development: Effectively engage with the group by providing the necessary feedback, training, development opportunities and ensuring we have the right resources in place.
Required Skills to be successful
- Demonstrated experience developing management reporting packs and presenting to senior leadership;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/ Power BI)
- Extensive knowledge of Financial package SAP/ BPC, YARDI , ARIBA and/or other ERP
- Experience with discounted cash flow valuations/purchase price allocation
- Experience in real estate industry either directly or as consultant/auditor.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Good interpersonal, management and communication skills both verbal and written
- Professional Knowledge
- Encourage subordinates
- Training & Coaching
What equips you for the role
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Minimum qualification- CA/CPA/CIMA/ACCA/CFA/CMA or a Finance Degree with extensive knowledge of Financial management and Accounting systems. Some business development and process improvement skills. Having knowledge of Power BI along with YARDI will be an added advantage.
Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of Financial and Management accounting. Real estate experience will be an added benefit.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.