EMEA Investment Bank Billing Controller
The EMEA IB Client Billing Team is part of Global Investment Banking’s Finance & Business Management Group. EMEA Investment Banking consists of M&A, Capital Markets Origination (ECM, High Grade and Leverage Finance Origination) and Investment Banking Coverage (IBC) which is a non product aligned business that ‘houses’ the senior client relationship bankers/executives (CE’s) who are responsible for developing/maintaining a strategic dialogue with JPMorgan’s covered clients.
We also support and provide similar platform to other Fixed Income business mainly Rates (Frequent Borrowers) & Securitised Products.
In collaboration with the front office and other expense management areas, EMEA IB Client Billing is tasked with helping to realize the goal of decreasing the firm’s expense base. This is accomplished through tracking, by project and client; the expenses incurred while engaged on deals. The ultimate goal is to bill the client for those expenses along with the fee at the close of that deal utilizing the FAMIS system.
As a liaison you will partner with our internal clients to monitor their billing and expenses for their deals with the goal of increasing reimbursements.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Liaising with deal teams to capture and recoup expenses incurred while engaged in client business.
- Preparation and analysis of expense documentation.
- Tracking of accounts receivable for purposes of periodic business reviews and reserve/write-off recommendations.
- Preparation of supporting expense documentation for clients.
- Participating in various projects to deliver Global IB Billing Group priorities
- Focus on post Brexit legal entity billing
- Follow prescribed decision flow to self-identify VAT treatment
- Maintain vigilance over VAT postings and reporting
- Driving change and enhancements to process
- Various ad hoc analyses.
- Managing a team split across London & Mumbai
- Facing off with senior Business Managers and Product Head bankers
The candidate will also be expected to look at ways to improve the current processes and reports. Developing and maintaining extensive working relationships with peers and senior management will be important.
- Experience in financial services industry. Understanding of financial and management accounting a benefit
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong PC skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner. Ability to work well with individuals at all levels within the firm.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong service mindset with moderate proficiencies in counseling / advising our business partners, answering inquiries and providing supporting information.
- Work with other stakeholders in different regions to deliver improved processes
- Working with on and offshore teams, ensuring the one team ethos is very apparent
- Work collaboratively with partners in Product Control, Business Management, Financial Control and Middle Office
- Part/Full accounting qualification desirable
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.