Senior Analyst - Model Validation
Description of business unit
The Independent Validation Unit (IVU) is part of Model Risk Management and is the analytical centre of excellence within Group Risk for review and assessment of the Group's models. The IVU's responsibilities include:
- Independent evaluation of models, both Retail and Non-retail model for regulatory capital purposes along with other Group models including IFRS9, Pillar II capital models, pricing and decision making models and thus playing a key role in the overall assessment and governance of model risk.
- Providing reports on each model, whether initial or periodic with an overall assessment of the model to the Executive Risk Committee for models.
- Ensuring models are fit for purpose and develop challenger analysis / models and recommendations.
The Validation Unit assesses all models used across the Group and offers the opportunity to acquire a wide variety of experience to different models supporting relevant processes including new business origination, pricing, capital, market / liquidity risk management.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for sourcing and generating validation datasets, analysis and critical review of related data, assessment of model performance and ultimately delivering validation reports on the status of the underlying models.
- To be the analyst in the validation of allocated models working with the team to ensure their adherence to internal Group Standards.
- Data management and analysis of information from various sources.
- Undertake statistical analysis and critical review of same. This includes discrimination, calibration, population stability & sensitivity measures; interpret and report on the results of this analysis.
- As part of the validation activities, ensure active and positive communication exists with the team and with relevant partners involved in the model validation process.
- Produce validation reports for all model validations to a standard appropriate for reporting to internal and external partners.
- Explore innovative approaches to model validation assessment and experiment with new techniques that could improve the validation process.
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for driven and hardworking individuals to join our Model Validation Team, offering an opportunity to learn and be involved in the review/challenger analysis of a wide variety of statistical models and exposure to a wide variety of Group activities.
Third level qualification in mathematics, statistics, science, economics or similar field involving significant numerical modules.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in a quantitative field and ability to work with datasets.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of statistical analysis packages, e.g. SAS.
- Excellent teammate with passion and energy, able to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills!
- Commercial awareness to recognise and analyse issues/consider alternative approaches to achieve appropriate outcomes.
- Manage Risk - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.