Country Finance Officer - VP
The Country Finance Officer - VP accomplishes results through the management of a professional team and department. The successful candidate will integrate subject matter and industry expertise and contribute to standards around which others will operate. You will have responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of a specific area. You will also have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise and be involved in short-term planning resource planning.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills within our Finance department as you will have full management responsibility of a team, which will include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Assist in administering the full spectrum of Financial functional disciplines across a Business or Region.
- Participate in conducting strategic value-based assessments of the competitive economic environment.
- Contribute to deploying and measuring business contingency plans and representing Citi Finance internally and externally.
- Prepare financials for the Annual Plan and Mid-Year Forecast.
- Monitor expenses for the DR franchise - provides management with the analysis of actual results versus plans and initiates adjustment to plan as required by changing situations.
- Assist in ensuring the integrity of the entire financial process and that the system of internal control is adequate.
- Analyze and advises on economic conditions, financial and management data encompassing revenue and expense items to support business managers.
- Timely completion of Head Office reports to ensure that all stringent Head Office deadlines are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulatory requirements.
- Provide support in the preparation of all Taxation returns due in DR (i.e. Corporation Tax Returns, VAT returns, Financial Services Tax).
- Provide support during the internal and external statutory results.
- Deal with occasionally complex and highly variable issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience within a financial institution.
- Previous Management experience is preferred.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills as well as experience in communicating and interacting with senior management.
- Proactive and takes the initiative.
- Collaborative and builds relationships across the organisation.
- Strong team player.
- Bachelors/University degree.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, would be beneficial.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.