TL Senior Consultant, Product Control - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.Role:
In this role, the individual will be the point of contact for clients on all things related to understanding their trading profit & loss and how their valuations have been sourced. Has day-to-day management responsibilities for the team in the Product Control group with Hedge Fund Services. Responsible for the assignment of work to the Product Control team. Conducts performance management and career development processes.The Product Control function within HFS is responsible for valuation, daily and monthly P&L reporting, end of month pricing substantiation. In addition, the Product Controller will work with internal partner areas to ensure all required processes have been performed to verify the valuation accuracy of the client’s portfolio.
- Responsible for a team in the Product Control group.
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Manages the daily P&L and valuation process covering various cash securities and derivative products.
- Prepares daily P&L and risk reports, as well as P&L attribution and explanation to clients.
- Prepares and manages monthly (or more frequently as required) price verification process and associated reporting
- Coordinates monthly close process with other shared services groups.
- Engages with clients and valuation vendors to complete review of new products.
- Prepares presentations and analysis as required on trading strategies, process improvement, valuation analysis.
- Designs and implements process improvements to improve daily P&L and price verification process.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Knowledge of listed, cash and derivative products across various markets
- Knowledge of pricing and valuations of financial instruments
- Knowledge of profit and loss reporting and related attribution analysis
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
- 6-10 years relevant industry experience minimum
- Client service experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting is preferable
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay ReviewWork Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance ProgramProfessional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.