Senior Consultant, Product Control, HFS - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
In this role, the individual will be the point of contact for clients on all things related to understanding their trading profit & loss and how their valuations have been sourced. The Product Control function within HFS is responsible for valuation, daily and monthly P&L reporting, end of month pricing substantiation. In addition, the Product Controller will work with internal partner areas to ensure all required processes have been performed to verify the valuation accuracy of the client’s portfolio.
- Managing the daily P&L process for one or more clients
- Daily review of Quality Control checks
- Working with Clients on P&L differences/inquiries
- Delivering a final daily (and month-end) P&L statement to the client
- Understanding and explaining the key drivers behind the P&L movements
- Preparing/Managing monthly (or more frequently as required) price verification process and associated reporting
- Updating and maintaining pricing policy for each financial type that is included in the consultant’s P&L reporting
- Ad/hoc projects to meet and enhance client deliverables
Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Knowledge of cash and derivative products across various markets
- Knowledge of pricing and valuations
- Knowledge of profit and loss reporting and related attribution analysis
- 4-8 years relevant industry experience minimum
- Client service experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting is preferable
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.