Consultant, Client Onboarding
Consultant, Client Onboarding
The Client Onboarding Consultant will be responsible for coordinating with the new business consultant, relationship managers, prior custodians, and all necessary operations groups to transition in new clients within the North America region and upon agreed timelines and service level agreements. The Client Onboarding Consultant plays an active role in understanding the onboarding process and possesses a broad understanding of all operational areas to oversee new business events. Role proactively addresses situations to ensure a positive client experience. The Client Onboarding Consultant serves as the single point of contact coordinating and monitoring activities in various Back Office operational areas. Excellent client servicing skills and strong communications skills are necessary to influence and lead all parties through a successful client onboarding event.
- Serves as central point of contact for all operational matters and provides ongoing status to all necessary parties including Relationship Management / New Business staff and operations groups during a client onboarding event.
- Serves as an additional resource to investigate and coordinate issue resolution on behalf of Client Servicing and Operations Groups.
- Provides oversight for the client onboarding event and engages with operational areas as an escalation point to ensure all issues are addressed and any known risks are mitigated.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
- As a subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting to partners regarding onboarding complexities.
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
- Responsible for direct interaction with the prior custodian, client servicing and internal partners.
- Strategic in developing, implementing, and administering programs within functional areas.
Knowledge / Skills
- More technically sound in area of expertise with broader knowledge of other areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and / or internal business impact
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert
- A minimum of 3 years of Operational experience in transitions, new account handling, and / or other client service is required.
- A College or University degree is preferred.
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2022:
- Best of the best 2022, HISPANIC network, a Latino Business & Employment Magazine
- The World’s Most Admired Companies 2022, Fortune
- Gender Equality Index 2022, Bloomberg
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.