Fund Accounting Operations Senior Expert
Who we are looking for
This managerial position has responsibility for managing the day to day Fund Accounting administration service ensuring that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time and in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
You will act as a senior escalation point within the team for all internal State Street and Client related queries and is expected to take ownership or delegate as appropriate.
The candidate is also be responsible for the management of staff, ensuring that all staff are trained, coached and developed in line with their role and development pathways.
The Accounting Officer directly responsible for leading projects, performing team and department level analysis of the process, running initiatives related to all aspects of the business at departmental level.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Officer you will
- Oversee Valuations for specified clients and ensure that all relevant checks to the Funds NAVs have been completed. This will include checks against fund benchmarks and reasonability reports.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group.
- Act as escalation point for technical issues encountered in the daily business.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff are available to service the clients and deliver quality service.
- Monitor errors and potential losses/ breaches. Complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/ training are identified and relevant remedial action is taken and training (as appropriate) is completed.
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for Fund Accounting activities.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary.
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Assist as Subject Matter Expert during Clients’ visits or projects where technical knowledge of the process is required.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Confidence in dealing with all situations.
- Excellent communication, organisational and report writing skills.
- Displaying organizational insight & influence.
- Fostering collaboration & team work.
- Talent development skills.
- Self-motivation & enthusiasm.
- Leading / Motivating skills.
- Trustworthiness, self-reliance & flexibility.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in the provision of fund administration services or in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.