Core Operations, Associate 2
- Preparation and delivery of valuation reports to internal and external clients and/or their agents in a timely manner.
- Adhere to, promote, and educate others on the use of department procedures with respect to the review and approval of portfolio market values. Propose changes to procedures to management with a focus of reducing risk, manual inputs, and increasing efficiencies.
- Ensure the receipt of all pricing feeds, broker quotes, back-up pricing sources and other relevant data on a daily basis. Identify, research, and resolve prices breaking set tolerance levels.
- Review and approve pricing packages/checklists with a focus on accuracy, detail, audit trail, and timeliness.
- Perform and review global pricing tasks in a continuous operations environment.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve fair value situations. Escalate issues to management and/or clients as required.
- Function as a “team-player”. Work with peers and achieve group/client/unit goals.
- Train and mentor new investment valuation coordinators.
- Continuously expand and improve knowledge of financial instruments, corporate actions, and best valuation practices.
- Maintain proper documentation and back-up for audit purposes.
- Participate in and contribute to unit project initiatives.
- Provide outstanding client service to both internal and external clients.
- College or university designation preferably with a concentration in finance/business/accounting or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in securities pricing, fund accounting, or custody operations / securities administration
- Knowledge of capital markets and complex securities
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem, obtain and evaluate information and reach sound conclusions
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in spreadsheet and database applications such as EXCEL and ACCESS
- Solid administration, organizational and time management skills
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and/or Derivatives Fundamentals Course is an asset
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and/or Reuters terminals an asset
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.