Transfer Agency, Senior Associate
Who are we looking For:
Provide supervision and direction of the team and its resources in order to ensure internal and external client deliverables are met and quality customer service is maintained. A key responsibility will be the hiring, training, motivating, appraising and retention of staff to achieve individual/department goals. In addition a focus is required on change management and risk management.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Ensure that specialist knowledge relating to the team is kept current and disseminated as appropriate and be aware of possible future developments and trends
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to improve current processes to meet the changing requirements of our clients, to improve efficiency, or to reduce risk
- Ensure an awareness of and adherence to the key TA controls at all times
- Ensure team participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and to lead local team initiatives
- Participate in data review, including checking and sign-off of work, where controls require Senior Associate sign-off
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Communicate relevant information as appropriate up and down the line and escalate where necessary
- Attend and actively participate in all team meetings, ensuring communication is open
- Manage resources to ensure all queries and tasks are resolved in a timely manner
- Work as an effective team member with other internal providers to meet our key deliverables
- Act as a point of escalation for team members/internal providers with challenges or concerns relating to the Registration team and manage these issues to resolution, with consideration for the internal escalation policy
- Ensure a focus on resource management, including the planning and management of holiday leave, training days and sick leave
- Ensure the team procedures are operationally sound with an emphasis on risk reduction and compliance issues, that they are in place for all tasks and that they are adhered to
- Foster an environment where team members are developed, trained, coached and mentored to bring them to a high standard of knowledge and quality, making use of the Training Pathways provided.
- Focus on development opportunities for your Associate 2’s with Staff and ensure that time is made available to focus on non-operational management aspects of role through the delegation of tasks where appropriate.
- Develop and assign team goals and objectives which are in line with overall organisational goals
- Support and champion team integration within the department along with interdepartmental and organisational integration
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process with your direct reports and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team
- Monitor individual and team performance and provide regular feedback throughout the year to your direct reports and provide support to Associate 2’s with staff in this regard
- Actively contribute to department staff planning, including recruitment and succession planning and remaining within budgeted staff numbers
- Promote a positive working environment and good levels of team morale
- To exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the role is responsible for are organised and controlled;
- To comply with the regulatory regimes in which IFDS operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Client Asset, Data Protection and Financial Crime Prevention regulations, as appropriate to the above role.
All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership (PACE &L) in all tasks and interactions
What we value:
- Specific knowledge, skills and qualifications needed to achieve required performance standards in a role.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and Enthusiastic
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Typically candidate will have approximately 5 years experience in a similar environment, including at least 1-2 years experience in a management/supervisory capacity.
- Experience within Transfer Agency
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.