Senior Finance Analyst
Next Tech is going through a period of rapid expansion and change so that they are best placed to deliver key business initiatives and therefore we are looking for a new Senior Finance Analyst to support the team!
This role is a great mix of being the Tech teams business partner and senior analyst so your main focus will be supporting the management team; helping them with cost control, decision support and ensuring that all spend is correctly accounted for.
The department is responsible for IT infrastructure, development and security at Next, including the UK website, 60+ international country sites and the web systems used by our clients of Total Platform.
You will need to be part qualified with excellent analytical and senior stakeholder management skills. This role is based at our head office in Leicestershire.
About the role:
Business Partnering (25%)
- Take ownership of cost areas and build good business links with relevant business partners
- Produce timely management information to enable cost control and present this to cost centre managers
- Assist business partners to drive efficiencies, help produce business cases and profitability models
Month End (25%)
- Account for the revenue Technology costs as part of the month end with annual costs of over £130m
- Completion and reconciliation of related balance sheets
- Reviewing month end position with relevant Directors and Senior Finance business partners
Budgeting & Forecasting (25%)
- Forecasting & budgeting of cost areas relating to technology
- Work with relevant business areas to forecast and help manage costs
- Update and maintain relevant schedules to assist with reporting and tracking costs
Process & Reporting development (25%)
- Develop a reporting suite for review with Senior Finance business partners
- Use your excellent problem solving and data skills to add efficiencies to report production
- Work with key business partners ensuring their financial data requirements are met
- To undertake ad hoc tasks and responsibilities when required.
- To work at an appropriate pace and maintain accuracy when under pressure.
- To be comfortable working within a wider team and to maintain good working relationships.
- To highlight any issues and concerns to your line manager.
- Safeguard commercially sensitive financial data.
- PC literate and confident working with detailed spreadsheet models. Excellent knowledge of data manipulation, logic, formatting and formulas is required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to assimilate large volumes of data.
- Adept at building strong business relationships both within and external to Finance.
- Problem solving skills and logical thought process.
- Effective communicator.
- Part-Qualified Accountant, e.g. ACCA, CIMA
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Next private pension
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.