Accounting & Financial Reporting Assistant
Overall job purpose
The Accounting and Business Advisory Group (ABA) are responsible for the preparation of accounts for clients at all levels from large corporates to SME’s. Much work is done for the client on the year end statutory accounts in advance of audit and therefore a strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, Consolidation technique, LLP SORP, Charities SORP and UK GAAP is essential.
This role will assist team members in providing efficient and effective accountancy services to a range of clients, while promoting the firm at all times.
- General bookkeeping for clients, including processing of data on Sage and Xero software.
- Prepare management accounts under supervision to required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns.
- To treat client staff with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To ensure quality at all times as directed by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Supervisor/Manager efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Maintain contact with the Supervisor/Manager ensuring they are fully informed of findings arising from the work undertaken, so that any problems can be satisfactorily resolved.
- Clear all review points raised on the work prior to files being passed to managers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Recognise when information provided by the client is incomplete and inaccurate and take steps to rectify this.
- Ensure that timescales and deadlines set down are achieved, seeking advice regarding the resolution of issues and problems as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- AAT qualified or equivalent
- Ideally part qualified ACA/ACCA
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A-C grade, including B in maths and English.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as working independently.
- Work experience gained in a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic – keen to develop
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Thorough, flexible, resilient and persevering
- Excel (required)
- Sage (preferred)
- Xero (preferred)
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.