Financial Controller - Real Estate
The perfect role for any experienced, qualified accountants with a passion for all things property! If you are looking for accelerated career progression opportunities & the chance to have frequent interaction with the most senior stakehoders in a business, this vacancy is for you.
Michael Page are thrilled to be working with one of our key clients, this time specialising in the real estate & property sector.
Having experienced truly unbelievable levels of growth, the business now has a property portfolio worth over six million dollars. We are looking for a driven & motivated senior finance professional to lead the team & manage this impressive portfolio.
The business has completed on some of the most successful & impressive acquisitions in the market, and this trend is set to continue.
A true Lancashire success story, this Financial Controller role for Real Estate will be a pivotal role in the business & be surrounded an extremely talented finance team.
The key responsibilities for this unique yet interesting Financial Controller (Real Estate) role will encompass some of the following responsibilities:- Effective leader to the team; management and development of a team of 8.
- Review of monthly Fixed Asset Registers and Reconciliation to trial balances.
- Review of Assets under construction.
- Review and correct useful economic life of singular assets and develop the Group Fixed Assets Policyand alignment.
- Work with the commercial teams to develop reporting for Real Estates which are used for internal business and investors, linking in with FP&A and developing financial information fit for a multibillion-dollar organisation.
- Responsibility for internal and external audits with related audit queries.
- Improving and documenting internal controls, working with our internal Business Improvement team to accelerate change for the better.
- Ensuring adherence to IFRS accounting standards and statutory reporting requirements.
- Business partnering with key stakeholders.
- Work with head of other departments to formalise a month end process and ensure strict deadlines are achieved to support group reporting requirements.
The successful candidate for this impressive Financial Controller (Real Estate) role will behold some of the following qualities:
- A fully qualified accountant with significant levels of post-qualification experience
- Prior team management experience
- Prior exposure to / understanding of working in the property / real estate sector
- A strong team manager with the ability to develop & upskill teams
- Career driven, looking to use this role as a catapult to progress
This phenomenal senior finance role can offer a base salary of £70,000 - £75,000 + benefits.