Macro Research EMEA– Associate/Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Fixed Income and Economic Research is an essential part of our clients' investment process. Our Fixed Income and Macro Economic Research department is a global team of Strategists, Economists and Research Analysts who provide internal and external clients with analysis and investment ideas relating to the economy, credit, interest rate, and foreign exchange markets.
The role reports to the EMEA Head of Macro Research & Global Research Product Committee Member and is part of the wider EMEA Macro Research team with opportunities to work with global colleagues. The role provides unique exposure to project management, strategy, planning, data analytics, cross divisional initiatives and departmental development. The responsibilities include:
- Supporting the EMEA Head of Macro Research in strategic direction of research
- Supporting management in identifying potential products for global collaboration on Macro driven pieces
- Coordinating the global pipeline (upcoming planned research reports) process by partnering with other teams globally
- Focussing on cross-leveraging strategic tools and resources across Research and facilitating where possible streamlining and standardizing of these processes as they apply to Macro Research
- Supporting the execution of curated Global Thematic content and profile via various media channels
- Building strong strategic relationships across Research and with other divisions. Responsible for engagement with key stakeholders in FID and IED
- Development of research & advisory business model, including related analytics
- Representing research in all relevant projects, initiatives, meetings
- Regular dialogue with FID and IED sales
- Providing analysis on Macro Research to provide strategic insights
- Collating and analysing European strategic metrics, which will include key client engagement, team interaction & readership reports as well as European country reports with the opportunity to expand this support globally
- Leading and coordinating Macro Research pricing efforts
- Monitoring and enhancing the Macro product branding approval process
- A strong academic background and fluency in English (the ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is helpful)
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to analyse and interpret complex information quickly and accurately
- Excellent organisational/prioritisation skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Excel (including some VBA, with potential and interest to enhance this skill) and strong data management skills
- Confidentiality, integrity, tact and discretion
- Proactive and committed to work hard toward the achievement of goals, with impeccable attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as in a team, with the confidence to use own initiative and generate ideas
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels of seniority
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.