Consultant, Investor Services - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The role is in the Hedge Fund Services Investor Services & Accounting Team. The successful candidate will be responsible lead a team of four operations analysts. The team is responsible for investor registration, dealing, AML, FATCA, CRS, management fees & performance fees.
The role is client & investor facing and covers transfer agency, AML, FATCA & CRS as well as management fee & performance/incentive fee calculations. Candidates from TA or FA backgrounds have suitable skill sets for the role. Training is provided where there are knowledge gaps. The role is varied & offers fascinating insights into the investors’ lifecycles in the funds. Interesting clients, complex fee structures & bespoke operating/service models will provide a challenging environment for the right candidate.
YOU WILL COVER
- FATCA & CRS
- Management fees (simple & complex)
- Performance / incentive fees (simple & complex, series of shares, equalisation + +)
- Complex queries
- Investor communication & reporting
- Client communication & reporting
- Irish, US, Cayman, Guernsey & Jersey funds
- Day to day quality checks and assurance supervising a team of 4 analysts
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team
- Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness in Bangalore, seeking appropriate information from local management when required
- Production, review & monitoring of monthly KPIs
- Maintain a close working relationship with other areas within the HFS and GFS business units and other Divisions/Departments within Northern Trust
- Comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role
- Exercise due care and diligence, and ensure that the responsibilities of the team are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management
- Ensure client deliverables are met within agreed timeframes
- Generate ideas for internal process improvement and increase in efficiency
- The ideal candidate will hold a third level degree
- Possess a strong interest in developing their career
- Ability to develop an understanding of investor services and accounting
- Operational experience gained in a transfer agency OR fund accounting
- Work under pressure and unsupervised
- Interpersonal / Team player
- Self-motivated / Own initiative
- Ability to stay focussed / tenacious
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.