Senior Analyst – Investor Services - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to the Team Leader of Investor Accounting. The team evaluates and reconciles investor level NAV’s weekly and at month-end. The team also verifies transactions, management fees, performance fees and income within scheduled timeframes and resolves issues as they arise. Would suit fund accountant.
Team Principal Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality service to clients with accurate & timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information.
- Review underlying portfolios
- Enter investor details and output Net Asset Value (NAV) per investor
- Issue NAVs accurately and within defined timeframes
- Ensure performance fees and management fees are calculated as per the fund documents
- Ensure procedures in relation to above tasks are adhered to.
- Assist in the preparation of client reports e.g. allocation files, monthly returns, annual financial statements, ad hoc tasks, resolve queries.
- Liaise with other units – Investor Services, Financial Control, Relationship Management, Global performance fee committee and Fund Managers.
Skills / Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience working on funds with management fee and performance fee calculations is advantageous.
- Third level qualification or pursuing a professional accounting qualification, preferable
- Demonstrates understanding of the need for high-touch client service
- Maintains quality of work and deliverables through change
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Takes care over tasks and demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required
- Recognises problems and deals with them quickly and efficiently
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Previous experience in fund accounting/valuations is advantageous
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.