Senior Analyst, Alternative Investments - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Alternative Asset teams have a global operating model and the team in Limerick will act as liaison between internal and external clients and the various alternative assets teams to ensure client’s information is accurate and that clients deadlines are adhered too. The team provides back office operational support to investment management clients across a wide range of asset types including, FohF, Mutual Funds and Leveraged Loans. The department’s primary responsibilities include trade execution & administration services including trade capture, settlements and oversight of asset lifecycle events.
- Accurately processing BKL related transactions for corporate, institutional and wealth management clients in accordance with pre- defined service standards and KPIs.
- Resolve exceptions associated with related processing, identify errors affecting accounts, and making necessary corrections.
- Communicating with a diverse set of internal and external clients including: Investment Managers, Clients, Client Service partner, Relationship Managers and other external parties, including attendance at Client Service Review meetings
- Provide support for new business take-on as well as growth within the existing client base including the articulation of business requirements and UAT testing of changes
- Provide various management reports and operational MIS.
- Responds to internal and external enquiries and questions from partners, providing guidance and solutions.
- Participate in department and team efforts to identify and implement process improvements.
- Work efficiently and effectively under time-sensitive constraints, in a team-oriented environmentThe Alternative Asset servicing team operate in a dynamic, time-bound and client focused work environment.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Proven ability to work effectively with local & global partners to ensure service delivery within strict deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational ability
- Excellent MS Excel/Word skills
- Self-starter with advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise tasks
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A willingness to learn and be creative within the role
- Experience gained working within the alternative funds industry an advantage
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work life balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.