Fund Accounting Manager -VP (投信計理マネージャー – VP)
Who are we looking for?
This is a managerial role in the Fund Administration Department 1 (FAD1) in Tokyo office.
FAD1 provides fund accounting services to Investment and Asset managers through various accounting platforms e.g. T-Star, FAIMS and JARS (in-house system).
The position interacts with various level of professionals both internally and externally (clients). The primary and immediate responsibility is to manage the fund accounting and pricing teams.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’s tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Oversee the operations of the fund accounting and pricing teams. The operation tasks include:
- New business transitions or business migration activities and confirm proper implementation within the team.
- Team adherence to established operating, risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
- Daily completion and delivery of fund Unit Price and NAV.
- Also, you will be responsible for non-operational tasks that includes:
- Accountable for client quality of service – timeliness and accuracy, and KPI reporting internally/externally.
- Management of the team members.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Conduct performance evaluations and identify talent in order to develop future leaders and team succession plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and build staff commitment in the organization through challenges and times of change
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment
- OT controls and measures to meet target and threshold.
- Escalation point of the team for pressing matters and closely engage both internal and external (client) stakeholders with proper and timely communications.
- To lead the team in implementing projects and internal initiatives. Monitor projects to ensure completion on schedule and within budget.
- Identify risk items, timely escalate to management with effective communication, submit incident report with agreed action plans, and accountable for implementation.
- Support BAU by providing coverage during resource on leave, as well as handle approver tasks on day to day.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in Japanese and English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under given timeline
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and teamwork are required
- Good interpersonal skill and team spirit; effective communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability
Education and Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- At least 5–10-year solid experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment, as well as staff management
- Highly competent