R&A UI Finance Analyst
- Provide business finance support to specific area assigned in accordance to accounting standard guideline
- Support planning, target setting & budgeting/latest estimate activities
- Maintain a controlled environment, aimed at achieving business objectives, providing timely, fit for purpose, objective and transparent management and financial information
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment where you can work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of objectives.
- Manage operational deliveries including developing and sustaining knowledge retention with effective back up plan in place
- First level analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from the Business, Finance
- Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders.
- Support and implement Global Reporting & Analysis initiatives
- Ensure all strategic, managerial and operational metrics targets are either met or exceeded - with focus on Top Quartile performances and continuous improvement
- Control ownership and maintenance of robust Controls framework through driving high control awareness within the team together with strong emphasis on effective control operation at every execution.
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviours.
- Multiple onshore stakeholders, Business and Finance on a largely virtual basis
- Internal FO cross processes accountability of influencing and managing end to end closing and reporting deliverable needs & operational effectiveness.
- Collaboration with technical experts in Controllers, Asset, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Group Reporting & BPR linkages and deliverables.
- Manage SIA (Internal Audit), External Audit, JV audit requirements and support financial controls audit.
- Delivers assigned migration activities and ensures optimization of activity execution and resources.
- Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team.
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes & ERP, effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist other team members in completing process reviews and redesign opportunities
- Promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost effective manner while achieving the business objective
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.