Working as 'number 2' to a brilliant CFO, this role offers all of the exposure, variety & challenge that an ambitious, future Finance Director could hope for.
Managing a small, talented team & working with the business as it continues to scale up, you will play an integral part as Financial Controller in this consumer-led business.
Michael Page are excited to be working with one of our most exciting & interesting clients.
Based just outside of central Manchester, this business is home to an incredibly talented team & a market-leading array of products.
Having gained private equity backing, the business is now looking to bolster its finance team to create insightful analysis & efficient reporting practices.
The key responsibilities for this Manchester-based, qualified Financial Controller role will be as follows:
- Act as a 'number 2' to the CFO
- Preparing & presenting the quarterly management accounts
- Financial modelling & use of the in-house Tableau business intelligence tool
- Commercial analysis
- Ensure all data is captured via the Microsoft Navision group accounting tool
- Adopt a continuous improvements mindset: look to simplify processes, establish efficiencies & use data to add value
- Parter with auditors to ensure a smooth audit process
- Finance business partner duties with marketing/sales teams to provide them with easily accessible analysis to highlight key trends & suggestions for enhancements to their business area
- Assisting with the budgeting & forecasting process
The successful candidate for this Financial Controller role will hold some of the following attributes:
- Confident & fluent communication style
- Ideally some relevant consumer goods / retail sector exposure or understanding
- An ability to build relationships quickly to add value to the wider business
- An eye for detail, able to push for innovation & improvements
- A strong team manager who can coach / develop teams
- Able to partner with the CFO / private equity partners to drive the business through a period of growth to scale up as the business continues to evolve
This role can offer a competitive salary & package for the successful candidate. Please enquire with Olivia Greer at Michael Page Finance for details.