Associate Accountant, Global Reconciliation
This professional will join the Global Financial Control (GFC) team within the Corporate Controller’s Group and will be part of Manila Reconciliation Control Team who is responsible for the administration of the global reconciliation tool, ensuring that best practice reconciliations and internal controls processing are maintained.
The position will require a good understanding of reporting of financial results, and technical capability in understanding complex business processes and systems interface. The role will require understanding, investigation and documentation of exceptions arising from the completion of month end reconciliations and coordination of exceptions with global financial reporting teams for resolution..
The successful individual will be required to have strong working relationships with the business and finance teams. The role will report directly to a Team Lead in Manila with dotted line reporting to the GFC Team Lead in London and Accounting Data & Support Team Lead in Chicago.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required.
- 1-4 years of related work experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting software is required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger is a plus; experience with use of reconciliations systems, Trintech or Blackline is a plus.
- Exposure to corporate financial reporting and consolidation is preferred.
- General Accounting experience (recording journal entries, preparing reconciliations) is preferred.
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are required.
- Ability to proactively assess issues, identify solutions and solve problems.
- Ability to adapt and react timely and positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team where the accuracy and timeliness of data are critical.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment skills are required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects.
- Proficiency in Excel and experience in large data analytics is a plus.
- 1:00PM - 10:00PM
- 4:00PM - 1:00AM