Senior Manager - Middle Office Transaction Management, Hybrid, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Transaction Management Vice President will be directly responsible for Middle Office operations, therefore requires strong staff management and client servicing skills as well as relevant industry experience. The role holder will be responsible for managing teams and gain exposure to many client relationship management aspects across EMEA/PAC/US with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you get if you join us as Senior Manager - Transaction Management Operations?
A chance not only to further develop your Middle Office career but, more importantly, an opportunity to impact the strategic development of one of the fastest growing State Street's businesses in Poland.
A long-term career opportunity in one of the Global Asset Management Leaders - nearly 6500 professionals are already building their careers with State Street Bank International in Poland!
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and Gdańsk or Krakówoffice to match your needs and role requirements.
Your new role
As Senior Manager - Middle Office Transaction Management, Vice President you will:
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients
- Assume senior managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the assigned team(s) in Poland
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary with special focus on risk mitigation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise where required
- Lead client due diligence visits.
- Lead corporate and external audits
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide timely updates on issues to Krakow and Gdansk site governance and carry out necessary corrective action
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting / exceeding service delivery standards
- Work to broaden scope of services in Poland to support overall European strategy
- Support wider European/Global strategy through relevant projects and initiatives that may be assigned
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations
- Be responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas
- Be responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels as well as staff
- Act as senior escalation point and subject matter expert for middle office related inquires
- Manage direct risk factors (operational and financial) through claims management, investigation and ownership over remediation strategies
- Support global, both external and internal onboarding process by achieving operational readiness, reducing post-migration straight through process fallouts, supporting resources estimation
- Play key part in performance governance through KPI/KRI management, client relationship management (Service Level reviews)
- Drive implementation of industry or regulatory imposed changes
What we value
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- 10+ years of transaction management experience in a large financial services organization preferred– a detailed understanding of the procedural, technical and product requirements within TM Teams
- 8+ years of managerial experience (operations and financial services). Experience in managing large teams and operations servicing multiple clients is a must.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) desirably
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Master’s degree a plus.
- Proven Transaction Management knowledge across asset types
- Industry utility experience preferred – Omgeo CTM, ALERT, GTSS, SWIFT
- Understanding of change management and Lean best practice theories, with practical experience is desirable
Desired skills and competencies:
- High Stress resistance; Confidence in dealing with all situations
- Excellent Communication skills
- Fluent English – strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative with an ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- Experience of working in a critical deadline driven environment
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Client service and solutions driven mind-set
- Ability to form effective working relationships with multiple parties - Clients, Business Experts, IT and Project Teams
- Excellent understanding of settlement associated risks
- PC skills, including MS Office applications Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Flexible working hours may be required e.g. weekend working on occasion around a project go live period.
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Offs
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, diversity and social responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.