Senior Finance Manager, Cheddar, x15ventures
Who are we?
We’re Cheddar, a deal discovery app that rewards Gen Z and Millennial Australians for doing what they love – shopping! We’re reimagining how young Australians can get more out of their everyday spend by using AI to help our customers straight up flex. With epic content and deals, we’re also changing the game for merchants, helping them build deeper relationships with an exciting customer segment. Come join our squad, and help Cheddar grow up.
What’s more, Cheddar is proudly part of x15ventures!
Cheddar is a business operating within CBA’s x15ventures portfolio. x15ventures is committed to shaking up the financial services landscape by delivering customers new products and services that they truly need. By combining the best of enterprise and start-up, x15ventures leverages CommBank’s strength, security standards, customer base and brand to deliver ground-breaking stand-alone digital businesses.
If you want to be a part of one of the first and fastest growing customer-driven start-ups, we want to hear from you!
Where do you fit in?
Getting in at the ground floor, you will be a founding member of the Finance team, putting in place our financial management framework and supporting the rapid scale-up of Cheddar. You will be part of the Strategy & Finance team working closely with the Commercial, Operations and Marketing teams to develop our budgeting and forecasts; provide clarity on our financial performance and support the business with financial analysis of proposed initiatives.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Deliver financial reporting with commentary on performance for the Leadership Team & X15
- Prepare and oversee our budget, financial forecasts
- Maintain and update our financial models
- Work with the Leadership Team to track and manage spend within the plan
- Track, reconcile and ensure that revenue is collected from our clients & partners
- Support business stakeholders with modelling the financial impact of initiatives
- Ensure compliance with statutory and CBA risk management requirements
- Work with cross-business stakeholders to establish and optimise finance workflows
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Accounting qualified (ideally CA or CPA) with experience in a finance leadership role
- Excellent technical skills, especially with MS Excel and ability to work with datasets
- Well organised with the ability to self-prioritise and work across multiple streams at once
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written communications
- Ability to plan, lead and influence discussions with clear next steps & progress
- Experience in financial modelling, budgeting and performance reporting would be highly rated
- Driven to be part of the process of building a successful business in a start-up environment
- Experience in the retail sector, B2C startups or marketplaces would be an advantage
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 02/09/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.