Financial Consultant Banking and Insurance Industry
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
Join our team and enjoy both short and long term assignments based at Deloitte or at the client that challenge and increase your knowledge of accounting and reporting. As an FSI industry expert, you will focus on our clients within the Financial Services Industry (FSI).
Great businesses need great controls. Without strong accounting and controlling even the best business ideas will fail.
We get that. We’re passionate about what we do because we know our role as accountants and controllers go far beyond checking figures and financials. Through our extensive knowledge of accounting, VAT, tax and financial management, our team of multidisciplinary experts support our FSI client base of national and multinational organizations.
Work directly in our clients’ offices supporting their various accounting and controlling functions. Participate in domains such as accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, cost accounting, financial planning, monthly/annual closing, controlling, credit management and tax returns. Engage in interesting and challenging short and long-term client projects in financial functions and change and development projects. Furthermore, as part of the FSI team you will actively participate in the co-creation of our FSI strategy.
What's in it for you?
- You’ll grow your knowledge of accounting and reporting through working in the field, extensive on-the-job coaching and internal and external training programmes
- You’ll work with a team of experienced professionals who will coach you, many who are influential specialists at the top of their niche
- You’ll be part of our FSI industry team and you co-build the success of this industry
- You’ll work on interesting and challenging assignments, both locally and internationally, that will inspire you daily with its diversity You can work independently and have a healthy dose of team spirit
You’ll be expose to, and gain practical hands-on experience in, all aspects of accounting & controlling as you work closely with accounting experts and will give you an opportunity to specialize. As a FSI professional, you will have a dedicated and main focus on our FSI clients. This gives you the opportunity to become an expert in the FSI industry. Being involved in change projects and financial controlling developments, you’ll be at the forefront of this specialization. Building your experience and confidence in the tools and techniques will allow you to assume more responsibilities in the future. Eventually, you’ll evolve into roles such as (Chief) Accountant, Controller, Credit Manager or Finance Advisor.
Let’s talk about you
- You have a Masters or Bachelors in an economic, accountancy or other financial orientation
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experiences in a FSI-related context, as well as a desire to develop your knowledge in the Insurance and/or Banking sectors
- You have an intrinsic motivation to know the business and keen interest in FSI industry trends and market dynamics
- You understand the critical importance of accurate accounting and strong controlling to a business’ success
- You are versatile and have the ability to adapt to and work in a variety of organizations and in a myriad of accounting functions
- You develop good working relationships with both senior CFOs and peers and care about adding value to your team
- You are open, creative and flexible, in both time and in distance
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English
Accounting is so much more than hard numbers. Think analysis, critical insights, problem-solving and strategic planning. The magic happens when analysis and insight meld. It’s what turns accountants into trusted advisors who use regulatory compliance and reporting to create opportunities and manage risk for our clients. At Deloitte, we advise a wide range of companies across multidisciplinary services ranging from accounting, tax, legal, mergers and acquisitions to services such as “business control & technology” and “strategy & growth” tailor-made solutions. At the same time, our team of advisors handles cases with a satellite vision, enthusiasm and know-how.
Financial Resources Outsourcing (FRO) is a made-to-measure solution for our clients. Within FRO, we temporarily join the client’s financial team to take co-charge of the financial administration, reporting and offering solutions and recommendations. These clients are MNCs, large Belgian companies and public organizations. When joining FRO, you will enter a team consisting out of experienced financial specialists in accountancy and financial management.
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+5000 dedicated professionals, active in +10 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energises you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime.
Join us to make an impact together!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.