Junior Consultant - Financial Services Risk Management
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The candidate will be supporting challenging and diversified work in financial consulting for banks and insurance companies– financial risk measurement and management, improvement of financial risk processes, risk modelling and valuation, monitoring the banking regulation (Basel, CRR/CRD), IFRS.
Your tasks will be
- Active involvement in projects in financial risk modeling, credit risk, market risk, operational risk, methodology designs and reviews by large Hungarian and international banks
- Supportthe senior consultants in their tasks and daily work
- Preparation of proposals for prospective clients
- Writing reports and presentations
- Opportunity to cooperate with other consulting teams during different projects
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
You will be successful, if
- Master’s degree in Economics, Math or Statistics (e.g. Financial Mathematics / Quantitative finance)
- Strong interest in economic analysis / financial data analysis / applied statistics
- Knowledge of the financial markets and the banking industry
- Very good command of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge & experience with programming languages is an advantage (e.g. R, VBA, SAS, MATLAB, C++, SQL)
- Outstanding analytical and structured thinking
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Hungarian language also required
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together
What you can expect
- After submitting your CV and cover letter in English, our Talent Team is going to reach out to You via phone or email related to the next steps.
- As part of the selection process, you are expected to have 2 rounds of online interviews with HR and business professionals.