Senior Manager, Corporate Tax Advisory, FSO, Bristol
EY’s Financial Services Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the Financial Services market ranging from some of the world's largest multinational institutions, corporations, and funds.
The Global Compliance and Reporting team is the largest part of the practice and continues to experience growth due to strong client demand.
The team has committed plans for the coming years, and we are setting out a clear message that we are growing a team for the future. We want the right people on board to achieve these objectives.
Many of our team work flexibly and are actively encouraged to find a working pattern that gives them the work life balance that works for them and our clients. EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Manager ready to step up to help further develop our team in Bristol. The team was founded four years ago and has grown to be an important part of the national practice, providing the opportunity to work on household names in the sector, both locally and across the UK.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Senior Manager within the team, you will play a major role in supervising and delivering tax compliance, tax audit and advisory work for some of the largest groups in the sector.
- A significant part of the role will also focus on supporting the partner group with building out the practice, building strong client relationships within the current and target client base in the South West & Wales.
- You will also contribute to the training and development of the team supporting you.
- Working in practice means that the job is, by its nature, different every day and we want someone who is actively looking for this challenge. An agile approach to working with different projects and people is therefore essential.
- This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to building a team and business.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategically and commercially aware;
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service;
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral;
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work;
- Strong and motivated team player who integrates with new teams quickly;
- Coaching and developing more junior staff;
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- ACA / ACCA / CA / CTA / law or equivalent qualification (or breadth of knowledge equivalent);
- A thorough understanding of UK corporation tax issues;
- Experience of working in a compliance and reporting environment, either within practice or industry;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with current and potential clients;
- Project management experience;
- Experience in an FS tax environment an advantage.
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious, driven accounting professionals who want a challenging and stimulating career. For further information please visit our careers microsite here.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Visit our careers microsite for more information.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise, and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.