Internal Wholesaler (Business Development Associate) - Funds and Managed Accounts
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) is looking to hire several internal wholesalers (business development associates) to work on a hybrid basis out of our Tempe, Arizona and/or Chicago offices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) sells ETF, Mutual Fund and Multi Asset Class products and services to prospective clients generating revenue for the bank.
- Cross sells Northern Trust's products and services and maintains ongoing relationships with clients.
- Assists in identifying new prospects by researching potential needs and prioritizing and producing a business plan
- Assists in preparing sales presentations to clients utilizing knowledge of our products and services
- Manages territorial responsibilities including contact management database and client reporting
- Utilizes knowledge of bank's investment, trust, custody and securities products and services to work with other internal partners and recommend new services or products to clients where possible
- Maintains thorough knowledge of our products and services by initiating frequent contact with partners and keeping abreast of laws and regulations affecting the industry
- Maintains knowledge of competitors and their products and services
- Accountable for the performance/profitability of the area as compared to the plan
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or senior management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A college or university degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required.
- NASD Series 7 and 63 required or able to obtain within first 90 days.
- Knowledge of investment management areas across all products and segments such as fixed income, active and passive equities, cash, securities, and international, as well as, other Northern products and services, usually acquired through related work experience, is required to respond to client's needs.
- Ability to communicate and sell Northern products and services to generate revenue for the bank.
- Knowledge of securities industry products and services in order to compete with other financial institutions.
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
WORKING WITH US
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine