Internal Audit Job Description – Internal Auditor, Asia Pacific
- Participates in audits and reviews of systems and processes, with an emphasis on internal controls and business ethics at the corporate level and for multiple businesses in locations throughout the region.
- Has active role in audits by planning and scoping, conducting audit opening/closing/status meetings, executing audit programs, conducting interviews, and testing, documenting findings, making recommendations, preparing, and reviewing work papers, assisting senior auditor in determining audit opinions, and writing and reviewing findings and audit reports.
- Evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, adherence to established policies and procedures, and regulatory guidance and conducts test work as outlined in the audit work program.
- Utilizes judgment as to expansion of scope, further test work needed based on trends or exceptions identified. Prepares work paper documentation to support test work performed and conclusions reached.
- Discusses irregularities, exceptions, and deficiencies discovered during the audit with the senior auditor and supervisory personnel. Utilizes judgment and experience to assess the associated risk of the issues as to impact on conclusions, SOX 404 deficiency classification and overall audit opinion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in audit or 6-7 years in accounting, finance.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) / CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or other professional certification preferred
- Internal or external audit experience preferred
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team environment and to work independently with limited guidance
- Exhibit the communication skills needed to explain audit findings to obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Demonstrate strong report-writing skills and a history of making tangible contributions to finished products
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experience preferred
- Requires travel approximately 10 - 20% of the time
Please note that DuPont has announced the intended divestiture of a majority of its M&M business to Celanese Corporation. This includes the Engineering Polymers business; Vamac® & Hytrel® product lines; Microcircuit & Component Materials; and DuPont Teijin Films. The transaction is expected to close around the end of 2022, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. At the time of closing, the candidate hired for this position is expected to become an employee of Celanese Corporation or its affiliate.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.