Senior Estate Tax Accountant
SENIOR ESTATE TAX ACCOUNTANT, ESTATE TAX SERVICES
The Global Client Tax Services Group provides tax preparation and reporting services to affluent individuals and families, estates, foundations, endowments, and corporations. This position is responsible for preparing estate tax and fiduciary income tax returns in compliance with tax laws and regulations. You will work in a team environment with senior estate tax professionals, as well as estate settlement administrators. You will interact with clients, legal and tax professionals, colleagues, and tax authorities on matters relating to federal and state estate and fiduciary income taxes, and post-mortem tax issues.
- Research, review, and annually prepare federal estate tax returns (Form 706), related state estate or inheritance tax returns, if applicable, and IRS Form 8971, if necessary; and federal and state fiduciary income tax returns.
- Work on various tax return preparation software, including BNA 706 Preparer and Thomson ONESOURCE Trust Tax.
- Assist in tax planning and researching tax issues.
- Work closely with estate attorneys, accountants, and related professionals.
- Interact with federal and state tax authorities and auditors.
The successful candidate will benefit from having the following competencies:
- Knowledge of estate tax and fiduciary income tax (preferably 5+ years).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical research, and tax management skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and collaboratively, and problem solve in a results-driven and team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience working with BNA 706 Preparer and Thomson ONESOURCE Trust Tax is desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, predominantly Excel.
- CPA. JD or MST preferred.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.