Fund Accounting Analyst (Late Shift)
OverviewActing as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.Responsibilities
The Fund Accounting Analyst is a junior position responsible for assisting in a variety of fund valuation activities in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the calculation of daily and periodic Net Asset Valuations (NAVs) for funds and the distribution of associated unit prices.
- Monitor the work activities to ensure timeliness/accuracy of the funds activities, including calculation of NAV and distribution factors
- Assist in reviewing stock and cash reconciliations as a Checker to ensure the exceptions noted have no NAV impact and items cleared are treated correctly
- Ensure corporate actions are correctly reflected on the NAV
- Assist in handling complex issues
- Facilitate prompt investigation and resolution of any client queries in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure client Service Level Agreement (SLA) and deadlines are met
- Assist in the collection and analysis of relevant management information from an operational and client perspective
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in accounting, finance, or business-related area
- Studying for ACCA, ACA or CIMA will be an advantage
- Knowledge of funds services and processes
- Proficient computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications
- Details oriented
- Willing to work on late shifts (starting approx. 12:00)
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you?
- A wonderful opportunity to gain in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices
- Cooperation with the biggest financial intermediaries across the world (500+ list), central banks and governments
- Intense development of your communication (both written and verbal) and diplomacy skills
- Working fully in English (language skills development) in a diverse team
- Constant on-the-job training which will give you end-to-end product knowledge
- Learning opportunities that are far from typical - internal and external training sessions, on-the-job trainings, free access to Udemy and other popular online training platforms, webinars, mentoring programs, business certificates well-known in the financial industry, co-financing courses and studies, soft skills and hard skills…you name it and we probably already have it ready and waiting for you
- Customized development programs for future and experienced managers
- We give you 2 extra days per year that you can spend on any training of your choice!
- At Citi we strongly believe in Diversity and Inclusion – if you do too, you can make the world better by joining one of our Employees Networks
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.