Operations Client Service, AVP
Who we are looking for
In this role, you would be responsible for managing Client Service oversight of Custody and Fund Accounting operations on medium to large sized clients and will be supporting Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents with some of the largest/more complex global relationships within the business unit.
HYBRID: This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Operations Client Service, Assistant Vice President you will
- Responsible for the day to day management and successful long-term relationships of assigned accounts.
- Relationships individually managed are generally global, large sized.
- Begins to focus on strategic aspects of maintaining and growing long-term relationships.
- Ensures superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for clients and ensuring client issues are satisfactorily resolved. Proactive identification of client needs and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction.
- Works closely with internal teams and clients. Facilitates communication between Client Service Operations & other business units to ensure an effective operating environment. Works with senior management keeping them informed of new developments, service issues, and new business opportunities.
- May be responsible for client retention and revenue expansion through existing services and cross sell. Identifies potential barriers to exit through strategic value-added services.
- Provides overall project management for client related initiatives. Acts as a liaison between business units to ensure successful implementation. Manages internal and client expectations.
- Prepares internal risk and compliance profiles, responds to inquiries from client auditors and periodically reviews client invoices for accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Some experience with presentations, preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and successful independent project management skills.
- Demonstrated Advanced Excel experience will be considered a strong plus.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Power BI experience will be considered a strong plus.
- Experience in relationship management will be considered a strong plus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA degree required, MBA desirable.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience, preferably in financial services industry.
- Knowledge of financial services computer systems, financial operations and/or mutual fund and related industries will be considered a strong plus.
- Note: this is a hybrid work environment position, where the individual will be able to work remotely for part of their regular weekly work schedule.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.