Transfer Agency Head of Business Development Management and Client Service, VP(Hybrid)
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the lead of the Business Development Management and Client Service team within the North America Transfer Agency you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Business Development Managers and Associates, responsible for clients across the various client segments within the organization
- Fostering relationships with internal and external stakeholders across our client base, including maintaining senior level relationships
- Collaborating with the broader Client Service organization to ensure quality and provide input on plans to enhance operations
- Ensure strategic management of long-term relationships for all Transfer Agency clients
- Handling highly confidential and sensitive information that pertains to client issues, division, and corporate operations and short/long-term strategies
- Ensuring superior client satisfaction and making sure client issues are satisfactorily resolved
- Ensuring client needs are proactively identified and managing potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction
- Ensuring client needs are anticipated with a focus on revenue expansion through existing services as well as cross sell while maintaining client retention
- Ensuring staff creates barriers to exit through strategic value-added services
- Pursuing and tracking new developments, service issues, and new business opportunities
- Leading conversions/start-up of new client relationships and coordinating with client and applicable SSC operating areas while managing internal and client deliverables
- Sharing ownership of customer profitability with Client Management
- Managing preparation of internal risk and compliance profiles, responding to client inquiries from client auditors and periodically reviewing client invoices
- Developing and motivating staff and completing performance appraisals
- Providing staffing recommendations while interviewing new personnel
- Providing coaching and development opportunities to staff, participating in individual on-going training and development
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Collaborating with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, etc.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrated skills in problem assessment and solutioning, as well as ability to work in a collaborative fashion to solve complex issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary for interactions internally and with our clients
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with ability to build trust and forge good working relationships with senior leaders
- Proven ability to achieve results, with persistence and influence, as necessary. Promoting teamwork within the department and across the organization
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities simultaneously; driving execution and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to motivate employees, build teams/relationships, and manage/lead successfully in a global/matrix environment
- Energetic approach with constant focus on how we can better service our clients every day
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree required
- Must have at least 10 years of related experience, preferably in financial services industry
- Knowledge of financial operations and/or mutual fund and related industries a plus
- Well versed in MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Ability to travel
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.