Team Leader for Derivatives Asset Class Controllers Team - Vice President
The most common functions and activities owned by FAIR include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
- Work closely with line of business controllers, regulatory reporting, financial control, middle office, accounting policy and operations
- Partner with FAIR teams globally and various stakeholders across global locations
- Possess an understanding of reporting requirements and the ability to translate daily controls into impact on regulatory disclosures
- Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Enhance the overall control environment around the financial reporting function
- Mobilize change wherever possible in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
- In addition to acting as team lead, expectation for hands-on engagement to ensure execution of team’s deliverables and active involvement in projects/new business initiatives
- At least 6-7 years of overall work experience; with minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related industry on
- Basic knowledge of investment banking products, including financial derivatives
- Prior managerial experience and strong leadership & time-management skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Comfort liaising with business and risk partners while building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.