Change Management Coordinator, Vice President
Clients of State Street require Administration services aligned with their Client base. This can result in changes to the current operating model of a Client and will therefore require a change to the current administration service. There is a controlled process whereby the Client must submit a change request fully completed with detailed requirements. The role of the Change Management Coordinator is to manage Client Change for specific State Street clients as assigned within UKMEA Client Relationship Management and then coordinate the lifecycle of the change request to completion. This team is the external face of State Street and is responsible for ensuring the clients’ service expectations are met and exceeded.
Why this role is important to us
The Change co-ordinator will report directly into the Change Manager, to support the lifecycle of change requests for large value clients globally. The Change co-ordinator will liaise on a regular basis, with internal operational, IT and client service teams, as well as externally facing with the client, to ensure requirements are understood and solutions delivered accurately and within agreed timelines.
The Change Co-ordinator must have strong interpersonal and client service skills and be comfortable working in a professional and team-oriented environment. Extensive previous experience in asset management is essential.
What you will be responsible for
- Support the Change Manager.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Liaise with colleagues across Business Units, Divisions and Locations as required to oversee the change service and help manage the client relationship; challenging decisions and expectations when required
- Drive and deliver Change items in line with both Client and SSC expectations; managing multiple competing demands and priorities.
- To provide leadership and ownership for all Change Requests received from the client
- Interact with the client and internal SSC parties to co-ordinate and facilitate implementation of all Change Requests, maintaining sound working relationships not only with processing teams within IMS but also with heads of other SSC areas, e.g. fund accounting, custody
- Formally track all client Change Requests from opening through to closure; raise, track and resolve issues, remove barriers and escalate to immediate manager when required
- Manage and prioritize the process of IT Development (RPMS) associated to Change Requests.
- Manage the relationship with the Change Management team within the client’s organization; manages communications, including status reports to stakeholders and senior management where required
- Work independently to research and deliver Change Requests considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Calculate the cost of Change Requests (within established guidelines) for the Client Relationship Manager to review and sign off.
- Lead Change Management meetings with the client.
- Be an influential member of the team; providing guidance and acting as a mentor for more junior members
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards; have a high level sense of responsibility and accountability
- Maintain a clear and high standard of verbal and written communication with immediate colleagues and Senior Management
- Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Expectation of a minimum of ten years of experience in an investment firm, or investment fund related, environment.
- Extensive asset management experience, including investment operations.
- The asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- The standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and accuracy, problem solving and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
- An ability to provide a strong customer focused approach
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Excellent writing skills to facilitate the production of high quality board minutes and interaction with clients
- Attention to detail while retaining efficiency and effectiveness
- PC literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.