Fund Administration/EY Comply - Senior Manager - Service Delivery Center - Location --Alpharetta, GA
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit, the Financial Services Organization ("FSO) dedicated to the wealth and asset management, bank and capital markets, and insurance firms. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of the most significant events that are reshaping and redefining the financial services industry. As a Senior Manager you will work from one of our several Service Delivery Centers that are made up of high-performing US-based resources, who work closely with our experienced client serving professionals, to deliver project-based work and managed services to our US-based Financial Services clients. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
You will play a key role in defining the way hedge fund, private equity, and mutual fund advisors meet regulatory, tax, and financial statement reporting requirements, using our new, proprietary EY-developed technology platform. Top tier hedge funds, private equity, and mutual fund companies are assessing and onboarding to the EY platform, which brings together investment risk data, transaction, and holdings data into a single platform for workflow management, transparency, and accountability to lower reporting costs and streamline the regulatory filing, tax reporting, and financial reporting. Join our team and assist leading mutual fund, private equity, and hedge fund advisors address their most complex reporting and technology challenges.
Your key responsibilities
- Understand the intricacies of hedge fund, private equity, and mutual fund regulatory and financial statement reporting.
- Effectively manage teams with diverse backgrounds to deliver exceptional quality work and service to our clients.
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented environment while counselling and mentoring others.
- Driving high quality work products within expected timeframes and budget. Monitor progress, manage risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Stay current on business and industry trends relevant to our clients, including the latest regulatory developments, and industry practices for hedge funds, private equity, and mutual fund advisors
- Assist with creation of the roadmap, design and implement solutions to migrate legacy systems to next generation solutions
- Partner with various stakeholders and leadership to drive agile delivery of both existing and new offerings.
Skills and attributes for success
- Understanding of processes and ability to execute detailed procedures based on knowledge of fund financial statement and regulatory filing principles
- Mastery of the intricacies in hedge fund, private equity, and mutual fund regulatory reporting, and financial statement reporting
- Mastery of understanding mutual fund, private equity, and hedge fund investment characteristics and the application of regulatory reporting rules to those investments
- Deliver client and process requirements in a regulatory driven environment, and understanding operationally complex fund accounting principles
- Develop relationships with team members across multiple geographic locations and time zones
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Minimum 8-10 years of work experience in BCM or WAM industry, Regulatory reporting or Financial Reporting experience is mandatory.
- Experience related to fund accounting, including the ability to conduct technical review and understand SEC rules and regulations, and FAQs as they pertain to required reporting.
- A bachelors degree in business, accounting, economics, finance or related discipline, MBA, CPA, ACCA, CA a plus
- Analytical skills, especially those related to fund accounting and asset management
- Strong proven communication skills demonstrated through effective writing and presentations to clients and internal stakeholders; based on critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Effective leadership, project management, and organizational skills
- Experience managing large teams and the ability leverage the team's talents in solving problems
- An understanding of financial products and services, include those related to depository institutions, wholesale banking, insurance, asset management, securities, financial technology or private equity.
- An interest in working in an environment which encourages continuous learning, development and identification of opportunities for improvement of individual and team performance
- A willingness to travel on an exception basis for client needs
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in the hedge fund or mutual fund investment industry
- Experience overseeing the work of junior team members including coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrated management experience, specific to large teams in a metrics driven, quality and production environment
What we look for
You should be flexible and able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including delivery of exceptional quality work to our clients. In addition, you'll be a motivated self-starter, and will value sharing best practices with your colleagues and leaders. A trusted advisor that will advance our vision and strategy to be the best data centric reporting solution provider in the industry.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.