Assurance - IT Audit and ERP - Manager - Oman
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Risk practice, within Assurance line of service, will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies. We assist clients in understanding and challenging their current risk profiles and develop strategies to build digital confidence by embracing opportunities to stay competitive through building trust and resilience into their technology systems.
Our team helps organizations analyze and assess the security environment and application of our client’s information technology systems. You’ll help develop strategies to increase the reliability of system outputs, enhancing systems security and integrity, and developing strategies for ongoing maintenance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be a chartered Accountant with strong IT/ERP experience
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high-quality output.
- Knowledge and experience with IT processes, business applications, network and operating systems at a level necessary to assess the risks associated with IT as they relate to supporting business processes.
- Demonstrates intermediate/advanced knowledge of providing services relating to controls around financial reporting, compliance, and operational processes, such as IT management controls and business processes.
- Candidate with middle east based client experience in the following areas will be preferred [SAP Basis, OS and DB reviews, application controls testing, network and security reviews, VAPT, cybersecurity audit, technology governance reviews and maturity assessments, IT security reviews including VAPT, business continuity and disaster recovery].
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Systems Auditing, or Computer Engineering, from a reputable university.
- CISA is mandatory for the candidate to perform the role.
- The following qualification(s)/certifications are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role [PMP, CISM, CISSP, CISM, Cobit, ITIL, CeH etc.]
- Good understanding of the risk and controls related to cloud solution platforms (i.e. PaaS, SaaS and IaaS) with a perspective on leading practices.
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Foundational understanding of ERP environments (for example Oracle, SAP, Dynamics) would be a plus.
- Prior working experience with an audit firm in similar role will be preferred.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.