This Financial Accountant role will manage all the activities of Accountancy related to my clients London site. You will support the Director and Finance Manager in accounting and reporting activities and in the month end close.
My client is an international creative education business who are at the forefront of their industry. Their London office is based in the City of London. This is a hybrid working role.
As the Financial Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation and to lead and share responsibility with the Finance Assistant to record cash.
- Support for the Finance Manager with VAT return, FAR depreciation and yearly audit.
- Monthly commission analysis reporting the findings to the Finance Manager and HQ.
- Weekly cash report to support with monthly journal, ensuring accrual and prepayment are accurately registered.
- Post bank transactions on a daily basis and to manage the Student Creditor Report to plan and report actions to collect outstanding fees.
- Liaise with Sales Team for Fee collection support; check on payment and to identify unknown receipt in the bank.
- Meet the Sales Team weekly to process refunds, passing the payment list to the Finance Assistant.
- Support the Finance Manager with the revenue analysis as well as leading and sharing responsibility with the Finance Assistant for the accounts receivable.
- Management of intercompany transfers in liaison with the Finance Manager. Regularly check bank accounts vs reports
- Manage monthly bank reconciliation including month-end closing report.
To be considered for this Financial Accountant role you must have the following:
- ACCA/CIMA part-qualified or above
- University degree preferable
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Strong tax and VAT knowledge
- Strong understanding of financial control
- SAP experience highly desirable
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Study support
- Hybrid / flexible working
- Excellent additional benefits