Finance Assistant Accountant
About the role:
Do you love Retail? This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic finance team supporting circa 480 Retail stores. Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Retail Estates team is responsible for the accounting and providing of accurate and timely reporting on occupancy costs within the income statement, delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business
- Support the team whilst we transition to IFRS16 lease accounting and reporting
- Complete seasonal budgeting and branch profitability
- Prepare monthly forecasting and variance analysis
- Monthly management accounts and statutory reporting
- Assist with annual tax and external audit analysis
- Manage internal relationships with Estates and other finance department
- Be Involved in key projects to drive efficiencies and cost focus
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Studying towards CIMA/ ACCA
- IT literate – Strong Excel skills (Essential)
- Ability to analyse and interpret information, with attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure implementation within the required deadlines.
- Self motivated with excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work to timescale, and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- A fast learner and numerate, with strong financial accounting skills
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Next private pension
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.