Group Insurance Manager
Next is looking to recruit an Insurance Expert within our Finance function located at our Head office in Enderby Leicestershire. The role of the Group Insurance Manager is an exciting opportunity leading our small specialist team in the purchase of effective risk transfer contracts, management of self-funded losses and provision of risk management/claims handling services.
The team is responsible for the progressive management of our insurance program and associated operational risk; this is covering the assets and liabilities across the group with an overall objective of reducing the total economic cost of insurable risk whilst protecting the balance sheet.
- Insurance program design and execution - you’ll lead the insurance renewal process from the collection and submission of data, to the allocation of charges across all group companies and distribution of policy documentation.
- Identifying new insurable risks - changes within the business and making recommendations for effective management of the insurable risks whether this be through traditional insurance methods, alternate risk vehicles or retention of insurable risk.
- Claims management - You will oversee the claims notification process across a wide array of insurances. The role will also monitor the effectiveness of the claims handling services, through conducting regular review meetings with a view to continually improving our processes.
- Relationship management - The role includes building and maintaining relationships including insurance brokers, insurers,reinsurers, legal advisors, etc as well asl internal stakeholders across the business
- This role will represent insurance at our risk steering & group personal injury committee.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Commercially minded individual with experience in insurance (we’re open to insurer, brokerand in-house insurance backgrounds). You will demonstrate expert knowledge and experience in advising in general classes of insurance
- Organised, thorough and excited by a challenge. You’ll work well in a busy and fast moving environment, managing key stakeholders to plan, prioritise and juggle multiple work streams and projects whilst working to strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity, resilience and professionalism, with the drive to succeed.
- Ability to constructively challenge and question, coupled with a logical thought process to critically assess and resolve complex business issues.
- Holds a formal insurance or risk management qualification or progressing
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global! About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Next private pension
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.