Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
The Tax Manager will be the center of expertise on all tax functional areas (Corporate Income Tax, Transfer Pricing, Stamp Duties, Custom Duties as well as Tax Accounting), advising local management on tax related matters with a balanced approach on tax planning and complying with tax laws and regulations in close alignment with the APAC Tax Manager and the Group Tax function.
- Strategic tax planning, tax policies and tax advice related to all Kerry operations in India, Malaysia and Singapore
- Assistance with any ad hoc APAC projects as required by the APAC Regional Tax Manager
- Tax accounting including reviewing of tax provision schedules
- Oversight of the preparation and filing of all Corporate Income Tax Returns and managing any subsequent revenue audits that may flow from these filings and ensuring any assessments /fines are feedback to the source for corrective actions
- Reviewing Withholding Tax Returns prepared locally and deal with any subsequent audits that may flow from these filings and ensuring any assessments /fines are feedback to the source for corrective actions
- Review and prepare local country transfer pricing documentation for all Kerry entities in India, Malaysia and Singapore
- Communication of all tax issues to the various stakeholders including changes flowing from India, Malaysia and Singapore budgets or changes in the underlying legislation.
- Reviewing tax disclosures in statutory accounts for all Kerry entities in India, Malaysia and Singapore.
- Interfacing with Global Business Service and India, Malaysia and Singapore Compliance teams to ensure full compliance with all compliance requirements
- Proactive tax advice to local stakeholders
- Timely, correct and complete deployment of group tax policies, tax compliance and tax reporting
- Develop local market tax strategy and planning
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure successful completion of global projects
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, preferably with professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, etc.)
- A minimum of 10 years of large corporation tax experience gained in public accounting firms and multinational corporations, with a focus on corporate tax, transfer pricing and mergers & acquisitions
- In depth knowledge of the India Tax legislation as well as IFRS. Having overseas tax experience would be an advantage.
- Broad exposure to the full range of Taxation matters as well as general Business Processes at all levels both, in Finance, Administration, Operations and Sales/Marketing
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.