TP Assistant Accountant
About the role:
Our Total Platform Operation is extremely high profile with regular meetings between several Main Board Directors where both the current operation and future opportunities are reviewed. The financial performances of our Clients are continually reviewed to help maintain profitability which will enable the continued success of the business. Our Clients are multichannel Retailers selling Online, within their own Stores, Concessions and via Wholesale both in the UK and Overseas.
This role demands high attention to detail and organisation to produce accurate and timely analysis. It focuses on cost control ensuring all Client activities are accounted for, no two are the same! As a team we’ll then be required to present this information back to senior management and Clients explaining any differences.
- Aiding the appraising of future ‘Total Platform' opportunities
- Analyse performance of existing ‘Total Platform’ Clients reporting on Sales, profitability and suggesting changes to key parameters to ensure profitability
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, budgeting and forecasting on a Brand by Brand basis
- Be able to prepare, review and deliver ad-hoc information requests to key stakeholders for a variety of business models, often at short notice. The finance team is reactive and provides flexibility for the business to communicate with customers using dynamic and relevant methods. Above all we must provide information and insight to our business colleagues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaising with other finance teams to aid the preparation, raising and reconciling of CostPlus invoices.
- A strong attention to detail and have a mind's eye on team deadlines ensuring all are hit.
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to produce high quality reports
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work with many different teams
- You should be astute in your analysis, to identify opportunities to enhance growth and communicate these effectively to the relevant stakeholders.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Part Qualified
- IT literate - Excel (Essential) – SQL (Not essential)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure delivery of work to timescales and the ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate information clearly
- Self Motivated
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Next private pension
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments whennecessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
Apply Before 06/28/2022, 07:33 PM
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.