Client Director - Fund Accounting
Intertrust is a leading provider of fund administration and outsource services. We put our clients at the heart of our business, providing accurate, efficient and bespoke reporting to them and their investors. You will be responsible for managing the relationship between Intertrust and a number of high profile Private Equity clients. As the Senior Financial Account Manager you will have the opportunity to provide new, innovative ideas on how to improve and implement the efficiencies of tasks for both yourself and the wider account team. Ensure management of your client teams to deliver on key reporting.
A management role within the Intertrust Fund Services team focused on client service excellence. Jersey is the largest centre for Fund Services within the Intertrust Group and is central to the strategic growth of the Group.
This is an opportunity to lead a dynamic client facing fund accounting team.
- Contribute to the effective development of regulatory, compliance, risk management and internal control policies and procedures
- Oversee the management of your client's portfolios, offering advice from our internal processes and collaborating with your teams
- Provide guidance and assistance to account managers and their staff on the conduct of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and reviewe accounting deliverables and manage the scheduling, quality control and review process prior to work being presented to directors, clients and their advisors
- Ensure that all accounting deliverables are prepared and reviewed within agreed/prescribed timeframes
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP and LUX GAAP and being able to perform Technical review of accounting deliverables by the senior fund accountants. This also involves acting as technical consultant for the clients on accounting matters
- Ensuring that all audit liaison work by the Fund Accounting Team are planned in advance and that the audit process is planned and managed efficiently and effectively and in partnership with clients and auditors
- Lead the team in maximising the use of technology and business tools available in servicing the clients
- Lead the team in maximising the utilisation of the Centre of Excellence as well as the development and maintenance of the outsourced service model
- Ensure that the team has the necessary training, assistance and resource necessary for their roles and responsibilities by engaging with managers and helping to facilitate as necessary
- Work with the wider PE management team to set consistent and personal, challenging and SMART objectives for the Fund Accounting Team in line with those cascaded by the director group.
- Ensuring fair and appropriate client portfolio distribution within the Fund Accounting Team by working collaboratively with accounting ADs and managers
- Conduct appraisals and agree developmental actions with direct reports
- Hold regular one-to-one and team meetings
- Manage the performance of your teams to deliver agreed business plan goals and targets
- Contribute to the leadership function, embracing Intertrust Group values
- Deliver effective communication within the team, provide regular reporting and feedback, so that agreed strategy and business plans are achieved
- Be accessible and approachable to all of your team members, offering guidance and development when required
- Deliver innovative and effective leadership in line with Intertrust Group's values
- Contribute to the achievement of specific growth goals in the relevant jurisdiction through proactive management, development and growth of existing client relationships and active contribution to cross-selling opportunities
- Oversee financial performance of your teams and drive profitability
- Accurately contribute to the production of management information to monitor performance against objectives
- Ensure the delivery of financial and operational targets agreed as part of the budget and business plan
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals including involvement in presenting to prospective clients. This also involves being involved in client take-on to ensure favourable client experience
- Participate in sales pitches and provide technical expertise on relevant accounting requirements
- Oversee client requests for ad-hoc work to ensure that necessary items are monitored for billing purposes and assist with fee negotiations with the client
- Ensuring accurate time recording by the Fund Accounting Team
- Develop, agree and implement Fund Accounting processes and controls in collaboratively
- Experience in a similar leadership role
- Hold a relevant accounting qualification
- Broad understanding of the wide range of fiduciary products offered by Intertrust globally
- Detailed, in depth understanding of the specific offerings within the Fund Service Line
- First class knowledge of the Channel Islands Regulatory environment relating to Alternative Investment Funds
- Team leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand, inspire and develop others
- Effective communicator
- Ability to formulate, consider and select the most appropriate solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
About Intertrust Group
Intertrust Group is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. We have over 4,000 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle-East. Together as a team we deliver high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to our clients, with a view to building long-term relationships.
What we offer you
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please apply directly via our career page with your CV and optional Cover Letter. For more information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Intertrust Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. Intertrust Group complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.