Senior Manager - Treasury Finance Product Control
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Group Treasury forms part of the wider Financial Services division. Group Treasury is responsible for the Group’s funding and liquidity management, capital forecasting and execution, and asset and liability management. Group Treasury works closely with the business units across a number of areas providing strategic assistance and advice to support the decision-making processes of the Asset & Liability Committee (ALCO), Executive Committee and the Board
Group Treasury Finance provides management accounting and product control support for Group Treasury Front Office operations, including Chief Investment Office (Asset & Liability Management, Liquid Investment Portfolio), Group Funding & Liquidity and Capital & Regulatory Strategy desks. It also provides daily and monthly accounting and performance management and planning for front office desks, the Treasury leadership team and Group Finance.
This role reports to the Executive Manager (Group Treasury Finance).
Do work that matters
- Lead the Treasury Finance Product Control Team in production of daily P&L and operation of daily and monthly controls.
- Produce regular insights and analysis into the macro-economic environment, Treasury positioning and P&L outcomes.
- Manage a small team and support their ongoing professional development.
- Be a trusted advisor and key interface between Treasury Front Office, Business Units, Group Finance and Risk teams;
- Manage a calendar of Treasury Finance management reporting deliverables;
- Demonstrable ability in managing and balancing priorities. Ability to manage multiple concurrent engagements effectively.
- Ongoing production and substantiation of MTM P&L’s across strategies in the Treasury Chief Investment Office and Short Term Funding
- Daily attribution analysis of day 1 P&L, cancel and amends, P&L variances
- Manage range of management reporting outputs including:
- Daily P&L Reporting process
- Month end reporting
- Support role in Treasury’s half year and year end statutory reporting processes.
- Work closely with Group Valuations team, Group Treasury Finance and Treasury to initiate and participate in projects driving valuation changes. Support as a business user key ongoing transformation and continuous improvement projects.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement to streamline and optimise existing processes. Seek to enhance analytics around balance sheet and P&L.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance / Commerce / Economics / Mathematics / Engineering / Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and how they relate to products (such as Fixed Income, FX & IR Derivatives, Debt Issuances, etc.) under their control.
- Understanding of macroeconomic drivers that impact a bank treasury function.
- Understanding of the valuation of products under their control.
- Evidence of project/continuous improvement delivery.
- Ability to support the development of other Treasury Finance team members
- Proven strong communicator and ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 13/07/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.