OTC Portfolio Analyst, AVP
Who we are looking for:
Middle Office Portfolio Administration provides operational investment support to the SSGA Portfolio Managers. As the key point of contact for the Portfolio Management team, and other internal clients, you will be allocated portfolios which you would be responsible for in an operational capacity. This role will be primarily supporting our Liability Driven Investment portfolios.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’s tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Senior Portfolio Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Daily Valuation of the OTC Positions. Maintenance of valuation models, Daily position and Market Value Reconciliations. Investigation of any exceptions.
- Collateral Management. Understanding of ISDA & GMRA required, Swap and Repo Trade confirmation and ISDA Documentation.
- OTC Lifecycle Event processing and related settlements.
- Verification of Fund Valuations. NAV Reconciliations, Performance calculation and query resolution.
- Investigating and resolving queries from Counterparties, Clients, Performance Analysts, Reconcilers and Portfolio Managers.
- Support projects for the onboarding of new accounts or services provided by the Portfolio Admin team
- Adherence to regulatory requirements on OTC derivatives
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and external deadlines
- Exposure to Collateral Management an advantage. Analytically minded with strong problem solving skills
- Recent experience within OTC Operations function. Understanding of OTC Valuations and trade confirmations
- Knowledge of Fund valuations/ NAV calculations
- Ability to build positive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Good understanding of Repo and trade confirmation/ settlements
- Exposure to Bloomberg, MarkitWire, DERIV/SERV, CRD an advantage. Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- OTC Operations experience gained from an investment bank, hedge fund, or fund administrator.
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Product Experience Desirable: Repo, Interest Rate Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Inflation Swaps, Equity Swaps, Credit default Swaps, FX spot and forwards (Currency Swaps), Bonds, Equity.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.