Compliance Director - Mortgages
Are you ready to work in the second line of defense for the top global wealth manager and a $100bn bank? Can you build relationships and influence outcomes, as well as develop and implement innovative solutions?
As the Lead Compliance Officer - Mortgages, working within the Compliance & Operational Risk Control team at UBS Global Wealth Management (GWM), your role will assist our Chief Compliance Officer with ensuring that we stay in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations across residential and commercial mortgage business lines.
You will partner with our Compliance and Operational Risk colleagues as well as our first line of defense teams. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to challenge the business, and a desire to help us properly manage compliance and conduct risk.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
• providing guidance and advice to the business mortgage groups on an on-going basis regarding changes in laws and regulations impacting UBS Bank USA (BUSA)
• influencing executives on key compliance and conduct risks and actions required to mitigate risk
• interacting with federal and state banking regulators and internal auditors
• leading annual reviews of all compliance risks associated with the residential and commercial mortgage business lines
• evaluating and providing consultation on new initiatives, business objectives, processes, risk events, controls, and/or monitoring
• working with our legal and business teams to determine accurate process requirements and ensure that we adhere to consumer protection laws
• strengthening and ensuring resilience in residential and commercial mortgage-related Compliance Management System pillars (policies, procedures, trainings, monitoring, complaints)
• reporting to management and escalating any identified potential concerns to our Chief Compliance Officer
You will be working closely with our Chief Compliance Officer, Mortgages Compliance team, Bank Compliance Officers (BCOs) and the Compliance Monitoring & Testing team, in the Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance (GCRG) function of UBS Bank USA.
The GCRG team help us ensure regulatory compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. You will primarily have regular interaction with business and compliance partners, management across the business, and will partner with stakeholders from various business and control functions to ensure that we remain in compliance with all applicable banking laws and regulations.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent is preferred
• ideally 15+ years of compliance experience in a banking institution, regulatory agency or major consulting firm, with specific focus on residential and commercial mortgages
• experience with digital banking platforms and services, including online/mobile
• a successful leader, both in terms of people as well as projects and initiatives
• strong strategic, judgement and integrative thinking skills, risk management and risk assessment knowledge
• strong knowledge of consumer compliance banking laws/regulations, specifically Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) laws and regulations, Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), CFPB Regulation X (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act), Regulation C (Home Mortgage Disclosure Act), Regulation V (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act)
• broad understanding of financial products (including securities, banking products (e.g., mortgages, loans, etc.), advisory and managed programs) and how they are distributed to individual clients
• experience with an international client-facing businesses (e.g., sales forces - including financial advisors, investment advisors)
• structured, rigorous, analytical and thorough in your approach with the ability to form defensible conclusions from risk assessments and testing results
• team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, able to calmly manage conflict and pressure in a demanding, high-volume environment
• experienced in handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.