Senior Management Accountant
To apply strong technical knowledge and relevant experience to improve all areas of financial control and assist the Financial Controller to improve financial reporting and analysis. A significant portion of the role will be attributed to team management.
Growing financial services business.
- Financial Reporting - Consolidating the monthly board packs and the suite of executive reports for the 5 legal entities within the group. Also responsible for continually improving the quality and accuracy of content being produced for executive level review. Primarily responsible for 2 of the 5 business units.
- Team management - Will be responsible for efficiently utilising the resources of the accounts team. Managing individuals and motivating staff to improve.
- Management of the year end process - Preparation of the year end statutory accounts and tax packs. Preparation of the audit request packs with the assistance of the management accounts team.
- Management of the audit process. Liaison with group and local auditors. Providing both direct answers to queries and delegating work to the team.
- Payment Approval and Authorisation
- Technical training of staff and promoting best practice. Role to encompass direct line management of 3 employees
- Assistance with Quarterly FCA regulatory reporting. Collating data from around the group and presenting the financial statements in regulatory format for submission.
- Management of Quarterly VAT return process
- Ad hoc analysis and reports. Proficient use of Excel/PowerPoint is necessary so that slides can be produced for board presentations.
- Annual budgeting and monthly budget variance analysis
- Management of cost centre reporting process
- Balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow forecasting and working capital management/analysis.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Financial controller of the business. The role will cover all aspects of financial reporting, control and analysis.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Educated to Degree Level
- Advanced ability with Microsoft Excel
- Strong ability in creating financial models and presentations
- Professional and Excellent work ethic are essential
- Capacity and appetite to learn new skills and new systems
- Problem Solver
- Natural Leader
Competitive salary and benefits.