SRB Finance Transformation Finance SME
Description of business unit
The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the SRB Finance Transformation team has been established to deliver a multifaceted finance transformation programme, incorporating the delivery of the Single Resolution Board (SRB) Management Information Systems (MIS) and Data requirements and the implementation of a new SAP General Ledger and Sub Ledger. The SRB FT programme is broken down into multiple work streams (Critical Paths).
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Critical Path Business Lead, the Finance SME will use their expertise knowledge of the finance processes, systems and regulatory requirements to ensure all business data, process and control and reconciliation requirements are identified and incorporated into the programme. They will provide business input, review and coordinate signoff requirements and subsequent deliveries, liaising with appropriate finance, regulatory and other relevant SMEs for support and input as required as well as monitoring of progress and escalation of risks and issues where required.
- Liaison with relevant finance, regulatory and other internal stakeholders to ensure full representation of Finance requirements establishing strong collaborative relationships across the Programme and the wider Finance and Group
- Work directly with the critical path work stream lead to deliver the work stream requirements, ensuring that the plan delivers to the intended outcomes on time, within budget and to an acceptable quality standard
- Ensure that any new risks and issues are being escalated through the appropriate channels as they are identified
- Provide specific business input into the decisions enabling the design and configuration of the new SAP systems and the future operating processes
What is the opportunity
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with a cross functional team delivering a multifaceted transformational programme of work for the Finance division. A fantastic opportunity to effect meaningful change.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with strong existing practical knowledge of financial or regulatory reporting requirements
Essential skills & experience
- Excellent knowledge of Finance and the core operating systems from both an accounting and regulatory perspective
- Understanding of Finance processes and procedures.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability manage a range of competing priorities and tight delivery timelines
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven self-starter with strong communication skills and adept at establishing professional creditability at all levels in a dynamic Group structure and sustaining positive relationships with a wider range of stakeholders ability to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Agile - Leader
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Manage Risk - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- Accountable - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.