CIB F&BM – Markets Operations Finance Manager – Associate
Reporting into the Financial Management lead for Markets Operations within Finance & Business Management (F&BM), this role will support the Markets Operations organization, a global ~5,000-person organization accounting for ~$600mm of expenses, which forms part of the CIB Operations within Digital & Platform Services (D&PS) which resides within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Line of Business. This position will require regular interaction with variety of teams and senior management across CIB & DP&S F&BM, including Finance Managers, Business Managers, Planning & Analysis (P&A), and Markets Operations, as well as the front office stakeholders and corporate partners.
In a Financial Analysis role, you would be responsible for:
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting and monthly business reviews that provide clear, impactful explanations of operating results and variances based on relevant business drivers, and help ensure expense goals are achieved
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage annual budget and periodic (monthly) forecasting processes
- Manage the month-end close process and provide variance commentary
- Coordinate expense accruals with Controllers
- Prepare financial (variance) analysis and walk forwards (expense and headcount) by key business drivers
- Provide detailed headcount tracking of actual productivity saves versus plan/target, coordinate Tech & Ops interlocks in partnership with Tech F&BM face-off
- Review expenses and identify potential reductions in the cost base to streamline business processes and improve profitability
- Deliver Operations executive-level monthly financial reviews
- Manage product /front office allocations, coordinate monthly business reviews, periodic allocations rules reviews and ad-hoc front office queries
- Manage reporting hierarchy and examine incoming allocations
- Implement controls and best practices to ensure efficient, timely and accurate financial reporting
- Part of a high-performance team, adding value to the greater team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a subject of a technical nature
- Work experience, preferably in Financial Services, and/or accounting/controller background
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with data mining/gathering and manipulation of data sets
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and diligent, and capable of challenging peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly
- Ability to create ad hoc reporting for senior management
- Proven track record for executing on special projects / assignments, often with little lead time or information
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and FP&A Teams
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.