Outsourcing Oversight and Governance, State Street Global Advisors, Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
SSGA operates from a long standing and significant presence in Europe through it’s Ireland domiciled investment management company, SSGA Europe Limited. The business relies on its own operations, those of the broader global business and those of affiliated entities locally to fulfill our client and regulator expectations. The business strives to align with local market expectations and adheres to local regulatory requirements that while established remain dynamic as our strategy and regulations evolve. In addition, the business continues to improve its control environment through growing first-line ownership and an organisational structure that supports and promotes an appropriate risk culture.
Embedded within this role is the responsibility for supporting the Head of SSGA Europe Investment Operations in the design and monitoring of the outsourcing framework for the legal entity and ensuring that this oversight is aligned with regulatory and internal State Street global policy and standards. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Work with senior management to monitor and maintain the outsourcing strategy for SSGA Europe Limited. This plan should be aligned with the global strategy while also accounting for the responsibilities of the legal entity and its branches.
- Ensure that the outsourced framework is operating effectively with appropriate oversight and management information metrics to be designed and agreed with Outsourced Service Providers.
- Develop an understanding of the business and understand the factors that will impact the outsourcing framework / approach and growth through either internal or external factors.
- Provide senior level engagement into various initiatives that involve material change to the business or to the operating model owing to regulatory or other external impact.
- Provide execution support as it relates to the ongoing evolution of the operating footprint and outsourcing framework as it pertains to the legal entity.
- Identify and lead change which will help us to drive both process efficiencies and enhancements to the control framework as it relates to the firm’s outsourcing framework.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external parties required to manage the firms outsourcing framework.
- Ensure timely execution of all BAU processes with a focus on minimising enterprise risk.
- Stay abreast of market developments and best practice standards.
- Maintain, review and update appropriate procedures and policies.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to detect emerging trends, and encourage and make recommendations for change
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral presentations skills
- Strong analytical capabilities and the ability to work independently
- Proven skills in problem assessment and resolution as well as collaborative problem solving in a complex setting
Education & preferred qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Good understanding of the Irish and European outsourcing regulatory framework and requirements
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What we do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, live and grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, diversity and social responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.